MYSQL Support

Dale Hege fhege at lumenexus.net
Tue May 28 14:27:38 PDT 2002

I have been working on the mysql patches and have the cust_main searching
worked out. I just want an opinion of how to generate a unique id for the
table names as you suggested in the ticket.
http://pouncequick.420.am/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=300

The only other concern I'd have would be on concurrent access; the "temp1"
tables would need to be constructed of a unique identifier.  Something
unique plus the current process id should work to prevent different apache
instances from trampling on each other's tables.

I have the pid included but whould like more since when running with
mod_perl there is a good chance that you will hit the same apache pid. I
have it working but from time to time I run into non unique tables.
Once I get this worked out I'll fix the other browse features as well as
the new queued bug.
Thanks,

-Dale