[freeside-devel] POS Terminal

ivan at 420.am ivan at 420.am
Tue Jul 23 17:52:07 PDT 2002

On Tue, Jul 23, 2002 at 04:22:00PM -0500, Donald L. Greer, Jr. wrote:
>  I'm setting up the box now so will hopefully begin looking into MySQL
> stuff tonight.  However, if you want to get integration with SQL-Ledger,
> then it's probably not worth persuing the MySQL stuff as we'll have to
> address the same issues with SL and Deiter is far more dead-set against
> MySQL than you have been (unless he's mellowed ... I doubt that).

I don't plan in _requiring_ SQL-Ledger, just integrating with it, and I
expect a MySQL 4.1 beta with subselect support before then.

This is more an immediate concern; it would make 1.4.0 usable for the
MySQL-only folks right away...

Not that I plan on doing the work myself, but I certainly wouldn't let the
SQL-Ledger plans stop you.