[freeside-devel] POS Terminal

ivan at 420.am ivan at 420.am
Mon Jul 22 14:51:00 PDT 2002

On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 11:20:57PM -0500, Donald L. Greer, Jr. wrote:
>  Ivan and Co.,
>  Once upon a time there was talk of "one-time billing" or some such for
> things like service calls.

Yes, it's in the current release.

>  Along those lines,

Well...

> has anyone done any work on a POS (point of sale) interface?  I
> realize that FS probably isn't
> the best beast for this sort of task, but I'm interested in the
> possibilities.

You might want to look at the FS::ClientAPI and fs_selfservice/ stuff.
This is a new framework that will replace fs_signup, fs_passwd and
fs_selfadmin, for secure "customer self service", signup, and similar
external/untrusted functions.

>  I'd prefer not to run FS and SQL-Ledger if I can help it

FWIW, SQL-Ledger integration is something I'd like to see in the
not-so-distant future.