[freeside-devel] Tonights oddness (page doesn't work coming from print)

Dave Burgess burgess at mitre.org
Mon Jan 21 09:31:28 PST 2002

Ivan (et al),

I was close on my guess about the database updates.

I was sending the server out to the network for the database update, but the
database server was actually on the same system.  Not using the localhost
connection introduced just enough delay in the database updates that it caused
the programs using the data to fail.  I suspect it was a problem with slow DNS;
I can't say for sure.  Once I switched over to the localhost connector,
everything went fine.

Dave