[freeside-devel] svc_acct.pm

ivan ivan at 420.am
Wed Jan 16 06:29:55 PST 2002

On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 04:45:41PM -0700, Todd Miller wrote:
> All,
>
> I have been reviewing the svc_acct.pm file and I am a bit confused.  My
> understanding is that the svc_acct service type would include dialup service
> as well as POP Mail service.  My confusion is how these two different types
> of services are distinguished when they are inserted.  Can anyone help me
> with this?

It depends how you provision them.

For example, if you provision dialup accounts with RADIUS, a `slipip'
field containing an IP address or `0e0' turns on provisioning to RADIUS.
If you provision POP Mail with a shell account with a particular shell
(say, "bin/false"), any records with a `uid' are exported to your
passwd/shadow/master.passwd files, and you can set the `shell' field fixed
and to "/bin/false".

You might want to look at the edit screen for service definitions and
httemplate/docs/export.html.  You *are* using a 1.4.0 snapshot, right?
This is the -devel list, after all.  :)

Oh, and this will all change Real Soon.  Anything with a username will
still live in svc_acct, but the data on which usernames export to which
machines will all go into the database instead of being kludgy rules in
svc_acct.export and configuration files.