Texas tax

Rick Eicher II rick at pbol.net
Wed Feb 27 11:58:59 PST 2002

I am intergrating texas taxes into freeside.

I am just getting start, so I am trying set a "flag" on the pkg_part.cgi
page for texas tax. I was going to do this flag the same way settax is done.
Once I get this flag to be set in the database I will check if this flag is
set before the taxes are calculated. That way it can use the texas tax or
normal tax formula.

So I have added a char column to the part_pkg table to hold this flag. I
have edited the part_pkg.cgi file and the part_pkg.cgi file that is in the
process dir. I used the settax flag as a template for all changes made.

But as it stands not a 'Y' is not showing up in the table. Apache logs show:

[warning][FS::Record] FS::part_pkg=HASH(0x8ca30fc) -> replace
FS::part_pkg=HASH(0x8b60a18): records identical at part_pkg.cgi line 51

I am editing a package I already have made. I take the above to mean that
even though I have now checked the texas tax box the record is still the
same.

If I was to start over what files would need to be edited to make this flag
show in the table.

Thanks,
Rick