[freeside-devel] part_export

Kristian Hoffmann khoff at pc-intouch.com
Mon Apr 1 10:15:13 PST 2002

On Mon, 1 Apr 2002, ivan wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 01, 2002 at 12:32:21AM -0800, Kristian Hoffmann wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, 31 Mar 2002, ivan wrote:
> >
> > --snip--
> > > No, that's bad news... then you wouldn't be able to export to multiple
> > > places from the same part_svc.
> > >

> > Point taken.  That actually made me think of a way to solve the problem.
> > We could just use multiple part_exports for one svc_l2 definition.  One
> > for each location.  The handler could then determine whether or not an
> > export is actually required for a given part_export/machine.  I guess
> > that's basically what you said.  I just didn't think of it that way.
>
> I was thinking one handler that would figure out which sort of export to
> do, but multiple handers that figure out if they're required or not would
> work too.

That's kinda what I meant.  There could be just one handler in
FS::part_export for all locations.  The handler would determine, based on
the address in the svc_ip passed, which machines would require an export
from the change.  The multiple part_exports would have to be there because
the address of the machine is stored in part_export.  More than one
machine, more than one part_export.  That's all I meant.

-Kristian