multile domains and hosts

Jeff Finucane jeff at cmh.net
Fri Jun 29 11:32:35 PDT 2001

Freesiders:

  On Mon, 19 Jun 2000 05:55:25 -0700, ivan <ivan at 420.am> wrote:

> You probably won't be able to do a correct mapping to this until I've
> finished the database changes to support multiple domains and hosts
> properly.  Currently usernames cannot be duplicated across domains.

  He then goes on to describe some changes envisioned:

  depricate "defaultdomain"
  add field to svc_acct table/class linking to a svc_domain
  do a data convert to eliminate needless svc_acct_sm

  Also

  A new table listing machine names
  A table linking machines to domains

  Ivan mentions doing some work and that Cerkit contributed some ideas.
I'm not seeing much along these lines in the current CVS, and am suddenly
finding it important.  Is there progress along these lines currently
underway somewhere?

  I propose to put up a new 1.3.x machine next week and begin tackling
these issues.  I'd appreciate any thoughts others might contribute.

  Jeff

jeff at cmh.net

"There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does
 not want merely because you think it would be good for him."

 Professor Bernardo de le Paz
  [ R.A. Heinlein -- "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" ]