[freeside-devel] 1.4.0pre7

ivan ivan at 420.am
Wed Dec 26 06:37:28 PST 2001

On Wed, Dec 26, 2001 at 02:55:53PM +0100, Titus Hanke wrote:
> Hi,
> I do not think, that dropping mysql support is a good idea.

If you don't think so, then you should get together with the other MySQL
users and contribute support.

Me, I only have so many hours in the day, and if I can take advantage of
standard SQL features supported by PostgreSQL to improve Freeside more
quickly, that's the best solution for the project and my customers.  I can
spend my time working around MySQL's lack of standard SQL features, or I
can spend my time improving Freeside by working on top of a robust RDBMS.

See the URL referenced below for details on the queries that need to be
rewritten for MySQL.  Alternately, you might look into whether or not
subqueries are supported in MySQL 4.0 or 4.1.