[freeside-devel] A minor change to support adding referrals after the fact

ivan ivan at 420.am
Sat Dec 15 15:33:35 PST 2001

On Sat, Dec 15, 2001 at 05:17:57PM -0600, Dave Burgess wrote:
> I need to decide if I want to start up my own database table (with
> a structure almost identical to the cust_pay_batch table) or if I
> should add a destination/flavor flag to the existing cust_pay_batch
> table.

Add a destination field to the existing cust_pay_batch table, as well as a
batch number.

> Also, on the SSAN front: I added a little bit of code to the cust_main.pm
> file to allow SSAN to be entered in the system unless there is a
> 'user_nossan' flag in the conf directory.  The display suppresses it either
> way right now.  The reason I went to the trouble is that the Bank suggests
> using the SSAN as the customer identifier.  While that's dicey for the ISP,
> it's OK for the bank (financial transactions are tracked by SSAN) when ACH
> is involved.  Besides, I wanted to keep a way for people to use SSAN if they
> needed to.

Okay.  I'm fine with making the default be no SS# tracking, and having a
configuration value to turn it on.

> What else has he done? you might ask....
>
> - I added some /  entries to some of the cust_main.cgi entries
> so that the table would look like a table on the printer.  On the
> screen, it doesn't matter much, but it looks odd to have the
> separators disappear when you are looking at a table.
>
> - I also added some of these to the table builder in search/cust_main.cgi.

Unsure if I want these but I'd like to see the changes.

> - I changed the default dates on the 'new customer' screen.  The system now
> uses the current date from the server and sets the various entries to
> 'reasonable' values.  The Credit Card entry starts out 12 months from now
> (it's halfway through a 2 year period and will be right about 4% of the time).

No.   Credit card expiration date should start out with no date selected.

> The Complimentary entry expires in 1 year; the Bill and ACH entries expire
> in 2037.

That's fine.

> Well, that's enough for the 6 hours I spent tonight.  I'm having trouble
> keeping the patches segreagated, especially when I work on three or four
> trouble tickets from the book keeper and receptionist.  I hope you can
> forgive me for lumping a lot of these patch sets together.

no problem.  i hope you can forgive me for sending them to /dev/null.

sorry, but until your changes are high-quality enough i don't have to
audit them and you can check them into CVS directly, if you want your
changes integrated, please send them as separate patches that do one
thing.