Introductions..

Thomas Charron tcharron at ductape.net
Sun May 21 13:49:27 PDT 2000

  Hello everyone..

  I've recently began to setup freeside for a local ISP using ziplink.net as
their wholesale provider, and I must thank you all for having a package
available that I had started to write myself..  :-)  That's what I get for not
looking hard enough first..

  I do have several questions regarding the system, more along the lines
of 'Should I implement this' in case no one has already..  :-P

  My first biggie is that apperently the export file will always export to both
the "users" radius file, and the "passwd" file.  I'd like it to be configurable
as to where they are exported.  This is becouse we will sell a shell account
that *DOES NOT INCLUDE DIALUP CAPABILITIES*, and hence, do NOT want it exported
to the radius file, as they shouldn't be able to auth via radius.  Has anyone
made changes to allow this yet?  By the same token, we also have PPP users who
auth off of radius but beyond that, should have no access to the system, aka,
no entries in the passwd file.  Yes, I know this means they will not be able to
recieve email (This is a feature, not a bug..  :-}).  Basically, we want to be
able to have several accounts.

  1) PPP with shell, mail, etc..
    This is possible now simply by have the system export to both the radius
file, along with the passwd file, with a valid shell and home dir setup..

  2) PPP without anything
    (See question)

  3) Shell with dialin, etc..
    Again, possible with some minor modification to tell radius that it's a
shell forward.

  4) Shell with nadazilchnothing radius wise
    Simply an entry in the passwd, but nothing going into the radius file.

  I'm asking these for simple thoughts on the matter.  I'm probrably going to
add a flag stating 'local', 'remote', or 'both' that will get detected by the
export scripts to tell where it should be exported to.  Easy enough..

  Another note is if wished I can supply a simple perl app that will import
ziplinks dialup numbers, simular to the one provided that pulls megapop.com's
access list.

  Anyway, great job so far, guys!

---
Thomas Charron